Raisen, Madhya Pradesh:
A leopard died of electrocution after leaping on to an influence transformer in a bid to keep away from hearth in a farm in Raisen district of Madhya Pradesh, a forest official mentioned on Saturday.
The incident occurred exterior Bawaliya Pathar village on Friday, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) Ajay Kumar Pandey mentioned.
“The grownup leopard had ventured out of the forest and entered an agricultural subject searching for meals. Nonetheless, as stubble burning was in progress there, the animal jumped onto a close-by energy transformer to keep away from hearth, however died of electrocution on the spot,” he mentioned.
After getting the data, the forest group reached the spot and the carcass was disposed of as per the rules of the Nationwide Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) following the autopsy by a group of docs, Mr Pandey mentioned.
No harm marks have been discovered on the animal and all of the physique elements have been intact, he mentioned.
The official added that motion of three to 4 leopards on the hillocks close to the village has been reported.